- A computer running a current operating system that supports a recent browsers.
- Access to the Internet. DSL or Broadband access is recommended.
- An up-to-date browser with Cookies enabled. See Browsers & Settings for specific web browser compatibility information.
- Anti-virus software with current updates.
- Word processing software is needed to complete and submit some assignments.
- Some courses will require specific software, hardware, plugins or applications. See course syllabus for details. If so, you will typically see a message asking if you want to install the needed software.
Basic Computer Skills Needed:
- Saving and finding files and folders on a computer;
- Copying/cutting and pasting text;
- Using a word processing application, such as Microsoft Word;
- Attaching and uploading documents and assignments;
- Sending and receiving email;
- Using a supported web browser to access your course and other online resources on the Web.