The Quiz activity enables the instructor to design and build quizzes, tests, and exams (assessments) consisting of a variety of question types including multiple choice, true/false, and short answer questions.
Most will have special conditions, requirements and expectations such as:
- Single or multiple attempts
- Time restrictions
- Availability restrictions
- Questions delivered at one time or all at once
Therefore it is important that you carefully read and follow the instructor’s directions before attempting the assessment activity.
Prior to Starting the Quiz:
- Review the instructions provided by the instructor. If the instructions are unclear, contact your instructor for clarification.
- Ensure you are using a Moodle supported browser.
- If the assessment is only available during a specific period, do not wait until the last minute to begin it. An Internet outage or some other interruption may occur that interrupts your attempt. In the event that you do experience any technical difficulties, it is recommended that you submit a Support ticket immediately and let your instructor know.
When you are ready:
- Select the quiz, test or exam link denoted by the quiz icon:
- Then select the “Attempt quiz now” button:
The quiz questions will load into a new page, as illustrated below. You can track your progress using the quiz navigation feature on the upper left. Once you submit your answers for grading, the results will be automatically graded and/or graded by the instructor. The results will be recorded in the course grade book. Once the grade is made available, you will be able to view your grade by selecting Administration > Grades.