What is Flipboard? Flipboard is your personal magazine and news aggregator tool, You can collect great articles, videos, and photos into digital magazines you can share and read anywhere. Flipboard is a free mobile app that runs on IOS, Android and Google devices.
Why would you need Flipboard? Flipboard allows you and your students to create magazines using a simple touch interface.
How are faculty using Flipboard? To keep themselves and their students up to date with current events. To create subject focused magazines. To create magazines for language learning. To create resource guides, and as collaborative projects for students.
- Load the free Flipboard app on your tablet device
- You do need to log in or create an account. Use your google account if you already have one.
- From the main board choose an area you would like to read more from or click the small ribbon to open the sidebar with more topic areas.
- Once you find an article you want to share with your students click the sharing icon in the lower right corner of the screen and click copy.
- Navigate back to your LMS course and open a page or item where you will paste the link to the magazine.
- Once you have pasted the link into the page students can follow it and read the article you have pointed them to in Flipboard.
Here is a simple getting started article on creating your own magazines in flipboard
Here is the flipboard blog which has tons of great ideas for using Flipboard
From the teaching kitchen of Frances Keefe, University of NH Manchester